This article is intended for new users to Nuvi. This article will go over the basic functions of Monitors and the tools contained within. Please feel free to reach out to email@example.com if you have any additional questions.
One can view their monitors in several different ways including:
- Line Chart
- Bar Chart
- Bubble Stream
- World Deck
- Mentions Feed
Each view has their own Advantages.
Line Chart: Is the default view for monitor data. It has a cool tool called the Range Inspector. Using the Range Inspector one can view mentions from a specific timeframe. It is useful for quickly viewing spikes in mention volume and for taking a quick look into a monitor. Simply click and drag over the area to be inspected.
Bar Chart: They're Bars, nothing special.
Bubble Stream: The Bubble Stream is Nuvi's trademark data viewing setting. When using the bubble stream one can:
- Click on each individual mention.
- Determine the sentiment of a mention - Red for negative, Blue for neutral, Green for positive.
- Determine the influencer score of an author - The larger the dot, the greater the influence.
- View re-shares - Each re-share is connected to the original tweet by a white line. This can be seen by hovering your mouse over retweets.
- Change the sentiment of a mention - Changing the sentiment of a mention will automatically change the sentiment of any re-share.
World Deck: The World Deck enables you to see where mentions are being posted from.
Note: Large portions of Social Media Users do not give their location. The World Deck will only show the mentions of authors that share that information.
Mentions Feed: Click Here for more information.
Reach and Spread:
Reach and spread cover the potential number of people who have seen mentions that were pulled into your monitor.
Reach: The combined follower count of every author pulled into a monitor.
Spread: The combined follower count of those who re-shared any mention pulled into a monitor.
Sentiment is the attitude of a mention. An AI determines the sentiment of the post by assigning a point value to specific words in a post. If the majority of points given are negative, the post is given a negative sentiment. The AI is generally accurate, but it will sometimes get sentiment wrong. For example, Someone may use the words sick or wicked when describing a metal song, but the AI will think that is negative. One can change a mention's sentiment via the Bubble Stream or in the Mentions Feed.
Influencers gives additional information regarding the Authors in a monitor. Namely:
- Most Reach
- Influencer Score - This is determined by follower count, interaction, and a couple of other factors. The score is similar to a Klout Score.
- Most Spread
- Most Active
- Most Mentioned
- Most Reshares
The influencers can be clicked on to pull up more information.
Trends: Trends provide more info on trends in a monitor, including:
- Positive Terms
- Negative Terms
- Topic Keyword Frequency
The Trends functionality is very similar to Influencers. If a client has Segments activated there is a cool tool called Quick segments. Click Here for more information.
Demographics gives additional information on:
- Country - This is under the same stipulation as the World Deck. Any Author that doesn't share their location will appear as Unspecified.
- Gender - Gender is assigned based on the Nuvi AI learning and using language trends, username commonalities, etc.