The Monitor Creation Wizard is a new tool created to help new Nuvi users create their first monitors.
How to find the Monitor Creation Wizard:
Once logged into the Nuvi app, click on the Monitors Tab in the top right, click on the green + button in the top right of the page, and select Get Started.
Note: Click Advanced Setup to go to the regular monitor creation screen.
How to use the Monitor Creation Wizard:
The Wizard is divided into 5 steps:
1. Monitor Name
Create a monitor name and click Continue.
The Monitor Rules are split into 6 different categories:
- Keywords - Searches all social platforms for any mention that includes your selected keywords. Keywords can be singular words or phrases and can contain symbols like @ and #. Separate keywords/phrases with a comma.
- Exclude Keywords - Excludes mentions that contain these keywords. This is useful for preventing irrelevant content from entering your monitor.
- Social Profiles - Limit mentions being pulled in to specific social profiles. Make sure to first select the Social Network form the drop-down list that the social profile belongs to.
- Languages - Filter which Languages are pulled in to a monitor. If no language is selected the monitor will pull in mentions that match your rules using all languages by default.
- Networks - Limit your monitor to pull data from specific social media networks.If no network is selected, your monitor will pull information from all the networks by default.
- Locations - Limit posts to specific Countries/States/Provinces by using the drop-down menu. Note: Only about 25% of users have location services enabled. This rule will only pull in mentions from users that have location services enabled.
Settings further enables a user to control what type of mentions are pulled into a monitor.
Advanced Matching - Enables a user to greater control what information is pulled into a monitor. Additional settings include:
- Ignore Shared Posts - Enables the monitor to disregard any re-shares and only pull in original mentions.
- Only Track Verified Accounts - Verified accounts have the little blue check mark. (This only applies to Twitter)
- Only Track Posts with Media - Only allow posts with videos, pictures, etc.
- Include Comments with Matching Posts - Includes comments from the following social media networks: Reddit, Facebook, Youtube, and Twitter.
Sentiment Category - Allows one to choose a category that provides a different language set for sentiment in the monitor based on the industry chosen. The different options are:
- Health Care
- Work Place
Collections allows a user to edit which collection(s) a monitor is contained in.
5. Save Your Monitor
Before a monitor is saved, be sure to check the Monitor Preview for an estimated volume of mentions. If your company has a limit of 300,000 mentions, and your preview says 1,000,000 mentions a month, you may want to add some more exclusion keywords or add additional rules to help lower the estimate of the mentions to be used.
In the event that a monitor needs its rules changed, one can edit the rules by clicking on the monitors tab, click the ellipsis(3 Dot) button, select edit monitor, and change the rules from that screen. For more information, click HERE.
Note: Monitors do not automatically pull in mentions retroactively. When a monitor is first created it is normal for there to be no data until a mention is pulled in. Depending on the estimated volume this could take some time. In order to pull old mentions, one can pull a Historical Job. Click HERE for more information on Historical jobs.