Due to Facebook getting into some hot water back in 2018 in regards to data sharing, they've really started limiting the amount of data they're willing to share with social media listening apps like Nuvi. This is an industry wide issue. This article is going to show you how to maximize the amount of data being pulled into your monitor.
1. Identify which public pages you would like to pull in data from. This can be other public pages in your industry or maybe even competitors. Really whoever you think would be talking about your product or services. Make sure to save their handles you will need them.
2. Hop into your monitor rules by clicking Edit Monitor and click on +Add New Rule Group. Once you're there, select Social Profiles from the drop down menu, select Facebook, and type in the handle of the public page.(Be sure to leave out the @, the app will automatically be added once you click save.) Click Save.
3. Click on Add Rule and copy and paste your keyword list into the new rule. (If you're using a language rule be sure to include Unknown with your other languages, this will help pull in hashtags.) Click Save. Feel free to add any other rules at this time as well.
4. You're done! Just repeat this process with every Facebook Public page you would like to receive data from. Depending on how many you need to add, it may be advantageous to create some monitor templates. Click here to find out more about those.
For more information on how the Facebook Lawsuits impact social listening, click here.
In December of 2018, Instagram made updates to their API that could limit the amount of Instagram mentions pulling into your monitors.
Here are some things to consider when setting up your monitor to help pull in as many Instagram mentions as possible.
1. Hashtags - Instagram now only allows the monitoring of hashtags. When setting up your rules, ensure that you include as many hashtag variations as possible.
2. Locations - Instagram has blocked social listening platforms from seeing the location of an Instagram post. This means that if you have a location rule within your rule group, this can block Instagram mentions from being pulled in.
3. Languages - If you are adding a language rule, be sure to include “Unknown”. This will pull in any languages that cannot be detected by a browser - including hashtags and emojis.
Question: What if I need to limit by location?
Answer: Our suggestion would be to set up one rule group like you regularly would using keywords, locations, etc, and a second rule group that includes only hashtags and the Instagram network:
You can refine the Instagram rule group even further by adding location hashtags as a second “words” rule:
I did not authorize my Instagram account for monitors under Integrations. Will this prevent me from pulling in Instagram mentions?
No, you will still be able to see Instagram mentions as long as your rules are set up correctly. However, we strongly recommend that you authorize your Instagram account for monitors under Integrations. This helps the Nuvi app to be allotted more Instagram data overall.
Read more here.
Please feel free to reach out if you have any additional questions.