Here's all the information our new Language Engine will detect:
Sentiment is only 1 of 8 factors programmed into our new Language Engine. Keep reading to learn what else it includes.
- Sentiment Score - No sentiment engine can matter-of-factly tell whether a post is positive, neutral, or negative. Instead, the sentiment is analyzed on a scale. The Nuvi Language Engine assigns each word a specific value. Once a mention reaches a certain percentage threshold it is marked positive, neutral, or negative. The more positive a mention is, the brighter green the sentiment dot appears. The more negative, the redder. In the mention below, the sentiment score is 29. This means the Language Engine believes there is a 29% chance this mention is positive.
- Vulgarity - Identifies vulgar mentions. Vulgarity includes swear words, fake swear words (i.e. F*** or Heck), and other potentially offensive words.
- Subjectivity or Objectivity - Helps determine whether a mention is expressing opinion or fact.
- Verb Tense (Past, Present, or Future) - Determines your audience's motives by seeing how verbs are utilized.
- Influencer Score - Calculates how big the influence is of a potential influencer.
Where To See Changes To Sentiment Score
There are two main places to view our new sentiment information. The Bubble Stream and the Mentions Feed.
Bubble Stream - After entering into any monitor, simply click on the bubble stream button in the top right corner of the Mentions widget. Click on any mention displayed there to view sentiment.
Mentions Feed - Click into any monitor from the Monitors Tab in Nuvi Listen. Click on the Toggle Mentions Feed button in the top right corner of your monitor. Click the DOUBLE ARROW button in order to change the Mentions Feed full-screen mode.