Gone are the days of having to manually tag every mention that comes through your monitor. Monitors can now do the heavy lifting for you by automatically tagging/sorting your mentions as they are pulled in.
In the past, you could access your tagging options in the "Settings" section under the "Settings" tab. (see below)
How To Create Auto-Tags
Now, the tagging feature can be found under its very own section in Settings, called "Tags."
How you sort and tag your mentions is up to you, but you can create your tagging groups by clicking on the "+ Add" button on the right-hand side of the page.
Name your tag, select the associated color, and click save.
Once your tags are created, you can then create the rules by which the platform will automatically tag your mentions.
Click on the "+ Create" button on the left-hand side of the page, name your tag, and select whether you want the tag applied to all monitors or just a specific one.
Next, create the rules which will control how the system tags your mentions. You can choose from a list of options that include:
- Mention text - tag by specific keywords or hashtags
- Is Comment - tag by whether or not the post was a reply/comment. "True" means it was a reply/comment, "False" means it was not
- Is Retweet - tag by whether or not a post was a retweet. "True" means it was a retweet, "False" means it was not
- Country - tag by specific location
- Language- tag by specific languages
- Network - tag by specific social networks
- Verb Tense - tag by the mention's verb tense (past, present, or future)
- Sentiment Score - tag by positive, negative, or neutral sentiment score
- Subjectivity Score - tag by the subjectivity (fact vs opinion)
- Vulgarity Score - tag by vulgarity within a post
- Author Bio - tag by information found in the author's Twitter bio
- Author Display Name - tag by display name only (different from username)
- Author Gender - tag by author's gender
- Author's Influencer Score - tag by total influencer score (a combination of reach, engagement, activity and more)
- Author's Number of Followers - tag only by the amount of reach of an influencer
- Author Username - tag by specific usernames across platforms
Then choose between "contains" or "does not contain" from the second drop-down and type in your desired search criteria in the third line from left.
When creating a new auto-tag rule you are presented with similar functionality as if you are creating monitor rules. You can start with a simple rule group that AND each selected rule together or for a more complex, versatile set of rules you can create multiple rule groups that OR together with other rule groups.NOTE: When setting up auto-tagging, rules within a rule group AND together while multiple rule groups OR together.
After your rules are created, select the associated tags and save your preferences.
Where To Find Your Tags
To find your tags on a mention, access your mentions feed under your monitor. Click on the "tag" button underneath the mention. The tags applied to the mention will be displayed. You can also remove or add more tags here.
Creating Segments For Tags
If you would like to filter out your mentions by specific tags, you can create a segment to do so. Click here to learn more about segment creation.