We’re excited to introduce you to a new product - Nuvi Local, a product that aims to serve businesses that require a strong local presence.
Many reading this post are currently using the Banyan product. Until now, we’ve split our efforts between the Nuvi Local app and the Banyan app. Since many of the features between these two apps are the same, and in an effort to provide you with the best experience possible, we’re parting ways with the Banyan app and moving all Banyan users to the Nuvi Local app.
We know that change can be uncomfortable, and we want to help make this transition as smooth as possible for you. Please read the information below to learn more about Nuvi Local and get answers about this transition.
We’re confident that this new app will provide a better and more reliable experience for you and your business!
Transition Details and Timeline
- February 23, 2020 - Images migrated from the Banyan app to the Nuvi the Local app.
- February 27, 2020 - Invitations sent to Banyan users to complete their account creation in the Nuvi Local app. (These emails will be sent out over a two week period.)
- April 30, 2020 - Banyan App discontinued.
- May 1, 2020 - Follow up migration of any images added between February 23 - April 30, 2020.
About Nuvi Local
While Banyan and Nuvi Local are very similar products, not all of the features are the same. In preparation for this transition, we’ve added the most used Banyan features to the Nuvi Local app. In addition, we’ve built a new mobile app from the ground up. We will continue to add features in the months to come.
Nuvi Local has a number of features not included in the Banyan app, including the following:
- Review invitation conversion tracking.
- An upgraded gallery with image sharing between account and location galleries.
- A calendar view for social media posts.
- Syndicated social feeds from your various social media platforms.
- LinkedIn publishing.
- An option to upgrade to include web SMS messaging.
- Quick location selection.
- The ability to view release forms in the web app with the associated image.
- Batch review invitations using CSV.
- An API for custom integrations.
Should my business switch to using the new mobile app and web app? Why does Nuvi recommend switching?
NUVI has two similar applications-- a Banyan app and the Nuvi app. To provide the best experience possible, we are combining our resources to focus on the Nuvi app. This means Banyan users will need to move to the new app. We’re confident that this new app will provide a better, more reliable experience.
When will the existing website and mobile app go away?
We plan to continue hosting the legacy Banyan mobile app and web app until April 30, 2020. We will remind you in the coming months about this transition.
How do I get set up on the new web app?
After you get an email inviting you to complete your account creation, you can log into the Nuvi Local web app at local.nuvi.com. Sign in with your new account information.
How do I get set up on the new mobile app?
You can download the NUVI Capture app from the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store. You’ll need to create your user in the web app before you can log in to the mobile app. Here is a video introducing the new app!
Apple App Store: apps.apple.com/us/app/nuvi-capture/id1494793613
Google Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nuvi.MobileApp&hl=en_US
What about all of my information and data?
- Images - Your images have been migrated to the new platform and you can view them within the mobile app and web app. Images added to the Banyan app after the initial image migration and before the April 30, 2020 deprecation date will be migrated to the new app beginning May 1, 2020.
- Reviews - Your public reviews are still available online through your online listings, and upon reconnecting your listing accounts. All reviews and review responses will become available on the Nuvi Local platform.
- Social media - Any social posts you have published to your previously connected social accounts will still exist, you can update these posts directly on each social platform. You will need to reconnect your social media platforms to the Nuvi Local app.
- Users - All users within your organization will be migrated to the new Nuvi Local platform and their permissions will remain the same. Additional permissions and access controls are now available, and you can add additional users through the Nuvi Local web app.
- Media release forms - Your HIPAA compliant media release forms are still available and you can receive a copy of this data by contacting NUVI directly. Email email@example.com for more information.
Where can I learn more about this new software?
Checkout our Youtube introduction playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxo7cxPXl0o3g0eVOkkULZk7jC52HeY3h
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Do I need to reconnect my 3rd party accounts? Eg. Facebook, Twitter, Google?
Yes, we cannot connect these platforms for you. You will need to connect these platforms on the integration page of the Nuvi Local app.