Google Business Listing is one of the most important online tools for your business. Here's how to set it up.
- First, go to https://www.google.com/business/ Then, click on the big blue button that says, "Manage now."
- Google will prompt you to choose a Google account to associate with your listing, or, if you're already signed in, will use that account. You'll want to remember which email address you use!
- Once you're in, Google will walk you through a five-step process to set up a listing. It starts with your business name, location, industry, phone number and website, and a final step to verify your connection.
- After you've filled out the form, Google will mail you a pin code that arrives within 5-14 business days. This comes in traditional mail, so be sure to sort through your mail every day! Once you receive the pin, return to the website above and log back in with your same email address. Google will then ask you for the pin code.
- Once that's complete, you have a Google Business Listing! You can login with that email address at any time to see reviews, search data, and other customer actions. If you're signing up for Jump Software, please remember your email address. You'll need it to connect it to your software.
7. What is the featured message and why is it important?
The featured message is a short snippet that can help you promote special opportunities within your business. Some examples can be a sale you have going on, a call to action you want viewers to take, an event coming up or a promotion. Featured Messages help drive results. To get the best results with your featured message:
- Use strong calls to action.
- Update at least once a month.
- Provide real incentives like discounts.
- Personalize your message.