Anytime a hashtag is shown crossed out in red on your Instagram watchlist, it means that one of the problems listed below needs to be addressed.
1. Incorrect user permissions may commonly cause all hashtags to appear crossed out in red. As a rule of thumb, Nuvi users should have the following permissions granted directly through the Facebook page settings: manage_pages, pages_show_list, instagram_basic.
If your role was granted through the Business Manager, one of the following permissions is also required: ads_management, business_management, or manage_pages.
See the full glossary list of (login) permissions here: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/facebook-login/permissions
2. The Facebook/Instagram business accounts are not yet linked. Learn how to link them here.
3. More than 30 unique hashtags were entered; Instagram keeps track of how many unique hashtags you have for a rolling 7 days. If you exceed the 30 hashtag limit, Instagram will not let you pull hashtag data and will require you to wait until this resets.
4. The Facebook business page has the Nuvi Listen app disabled in its settings. Learn how to manage your app integrations for Facebook business here.
5. Facebook/Instagram may censor any hashtags related to COVID-19. Learn more about COVID-19 data on Instagram here.
6. The hashtag is invalid or does not exist in Instagram's database.
Once the problem is identified and resolved, your watchlist hashtag(s) will then become valid to the system and no longer be crossed out in red (as in the example below). To learn more about how to configure your Instagram integrations for Nuvi Listen, go here.
If you need assistance or have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or your assigned client success manager. We'll be happy to help!
Please sign in to leave a comment.