This article contains some basic troubleshooting tips for Nuvi Publish & Capture. If your user is missing locations or Facebook pages, you can reach out to Support@nuvi.com. This article is geared toward error messages.
Nuvi Capture Troubleshooting
Here are a few potential fixes when a technical issue is encountered when using Nuvi Capture:
- Close and reopen the App
- Log out and log back in
To do this, from the photo-taking screen tap on the two-squares button in the top left of the screen, tap on the settings gear, and select Log Out in the top right. Log back in, select your location, tap save changes, take another photo and try again.
- Uninstall the app from your device and reinstall
Nuvi Publish Troubleshooting
Here are some troubleshooting steps if a user encounters an error using Nuvi Publish:
- Check the Validation tab
If an error occurred when trying to save a post, an error will appear in the bottom left. Click on Details and go to the Validation tab to view the full error. Fix whatever is listed there.
- Refresh the tab
- Clear your cache and cookies (Use THIS article to only clear your cache for Nuvi)
- Try using Google Chrome (Nuvi works best on this browser)
- Logout & log back in
What to Do if None of This Works
Should a user run into an issue or bug when using Capture or Publish, collecting as much information as possible is very helpful with troubleshooting. When reporting an issue, please include all that apply:
- User's name/email and location the error occurred on
- Tool being used (Publish, Capture, etc)
- In what step of the process did the error occur
- Image(s)/text being used (if possible)
- A Screenshot of the error/issue + the errors on the console. Please include the full webpage in the screenshot.
Please gather that information and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll reach out as soon as possible with a fix/update.